Been a bit quiet again as of late due to kicking back in Fiji enjoying some holidays. I would of loved to have spent that free time working on the blog here, but unfortunately internet access and having to look after a baby took away any chance of that happening.
Since I’ve been back I’ve been keeping myself busy trying to get some painting done and some projects built. I also don’t have any photos for this update due to my camera being packed away somewhere, but I will post an update soon.
What I’ve been doing:
- Necron Warriors: Picked up a second hand half built box of these guys to use as a Shadow Wars Force. I’ve built them, primered them black with the airbrush and have put down a base coat of LeadBelcher. I’m loving painting these models, they are very simple to paint but the result is amazing with the metallic paint.
- German Motorbike MMG + German MMG Team + Hanomag: I’ve decided to buy some blister packs or vehicles for my German force whenever I’m at the local gaming shop looking for something to buy. So far I’ve built the Hanomag, Half Built/Painted the Motorbike and MMG Team. Hopefully I’ll get some photos of this up over the next few days as a finished product.
- US 15mm HalfTrack: Still working on this vehicle. I have acquired some AK Interactive enamel weathering to test out. Another one I should be finished this week.
- Imperial Knight: I’ve had this sitting on my shelf for a while now and with the release of 8th edition 40k, I’ve decided that I’ve gotta finish it. I will do some articles on the building and painting of this over the coming months as it’ll be quite a project!
- Local Gaming Store Bolt Action Slow Grow: I’ve been waiting for this one to come around and it’s finally here. it’s kicking off with small 500 point forces and a casual game play style that allows you to organise games whenever you’d like and put points onto the red or blue team. So far I can say that I’ve put 2 wins and a draw onto the red team with my German force. All victories and draws against various US armies and different commanders. It’s been a blast, so can’t wait to continue on with it!
As a side note I’ve also ordered up the 8th edition rulebook and the index book which features the Imperial Guard (Aka Astra Militarium) and I’m stoked to get into that when it’s released (as I’m sure anyone interested in 40k is!).
That’s it for the Work In Progress, hopefully I can stay busy with hobby and give some updates soon!